Have you guys ever felt the heavy weight of all the things and people you want in your life? I’m sure on some level you have. Of course I have, I am feeling most of the weight right now. As you know on this Journey of Mine I like to speak through my own experiences and hopefully pass over some advice in the process. So in this post I will be giving out a few tips on how I try to time manage all the responsibilities in my life and how I try not to let it all stress me out.
Since school began I have been SO unbelievably busy. Yea I know it’s kind of expected but hey, I didn’t know exactly how crazy it could be until I experienced for my self again. Here I am Monday through Sunday waking up at 6am or 6:50 after a couple of snooze button hits; waking up to do my morning routine of teeth brushing, face washing, toner, & moisturizer. Then heading over to my closet to see what the hell I can come up with to wear to school and then work (which requires an all black attire. lawd).
I head out of the house at around 7:30 and either hop on the bus or take a lyft (when I’m feeling spendy). School is on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday thanks to the hectic summer semester and I work at least 4 of those days, as well as on Saturdays. I have a project due almost everyday so once I get home after work which is usually around 10pm I try to get started on a lot of that. Have you guys ever tried Tambour Beading? well it is the most tedious task I have tried yet but it’s getting a lil better.
Anyway, once I get home and do some HW I am completely and utterly exhausted. I try to have what Gen and I like to call our “chill time” which consist of snacks (healthy and unhealthy ha) and a good ‘ol TV show then off to bed to do it all over again.
In between my spare time away from school and work I like to focus on this blog. Jotting down post ideas, setting up appointments with photographers, responding to emails, and of recent phoning my bank way too much. I am tired. I miss home and my family back in LA. Sleep and chill is much needed but I also want to explore and adventure. Dating and finding “the one” is on my mind as well meeting new friends. I want go to blogger events, visit museums and work on language learning too but then the cycle continues and I find it hard to just have it all stop for a moment. Sometimes I don’t even know how I’m doing it all and without braking down… but that may be in my future.
However, there are a few things that I cling to that keep me sane during this crazy process.
- I write down lists of all my “To-do’s” & check off what I’ve completed
- Call up my folks and vent to them whether it be good, bad, or just to rant (that parental touch is everything)
- Light candles
- I like to play Lauren Hill, Sade, Calm Meditation, or 90’s R&B radio to relax me and set the mood
- Treating my self to a coffee, snack or dinner (it’s the little things)
- I’ll always have my favorite Spanish wine ready to go
- Take a step back when I need to. Whether it be me not ready to mentally or emotionally handle something and I’ll get back to it once I’ve taken a breath and gotten away for a minute
- Walk In Golden Gate Park. I find it SO therapeutic to be surrounded my nature
- Make healthy meals full of veggies, avocado, lemon, and I pair it with rice or pasta and ALWAYS red pepper flakes!
- Work out in a Pilates or yoga studio (just tried spin for the first time too)
- I’ll book my self a massage to REALLY relax and get away from it all for just a bit
- Have a cup of green or chamomile tea
- Lastly, I like to laugh or smile. Anything that can amuse me I welcome in and just stopping to notice all of the blessing around me. This brings a smile to my face and makes everything not seem SO bad.
All in all these routines will help to get me through all the obstacles and frustrations I will go through presently and in the future. I know you cant get anything worth having if there aren’t any rough patches so I guess Ill keep smiling through it all. I hope some of this little story of mine and tips following will help some of you to handle all the greatness life throws at you too.
In other news, I just got this amazing floral, chiffon-like, ankle length dress from Clothink and man oh man. It is one of my favorite dresses right now. I feel so great in this dress and it fits perfectly, it really allows me to feel quite free and feminine and I love those feelings ha.
Check out my review here.
I wish you all a fun filled week ahead, make shit happen!
Till next time,
This post is in collaboration with Clothink. All thoughts and opinions are of my own.
Photos By: Dawn Elizabeth